[Rd] cygwin tar?

Tony Plate tplate at blackmesacapital.com
Thu Mar 18 19:26:23 MET 2004

At Thursday 10:41 AM 3/18/2004, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
>[...]
>So Tony, do you have a Cygwin/cygwin1.dll loaded in memory when you
>try to use Rtools?

Yes, because I'm trying to use the exe's from tools.zip from within a
cygwin bash window (because I find it a pain to use different command lines
for different tasks, and I use cygwin bash for everything else.)  As far as
I can remember, this used to work until a few months ago.  Now I find I
have to remove the cygwin1.dll that came with tools.zip to get things to
work.  It sounds like Duncan has a similar experience.

BTW, thanks for the tip on msinfo32.exe.  Curiously, for under Windows
2000, it doesn't show a cygwin1.dll loaded, even though I have a number of
cygwin bash windows running.  It shows 'cygintl-1.dll', 'cygintl-2.dll',
'cygiconv2.dll', 'nice.exe', 'cat.exe', and 'sleep.exe' (as well as many
other files not related to cygwin.)

-- Tony Plate