[Rd] Distributed computing

Tony Plate tplate at blackmesacapital.com
Mon Mar 22 18:00:18 CET 2004

The R-help list is probably better for this sort of question.  In any case,
the R newsletter is a great source of accumulated (& distilled!) wisdom,
and the following might be relevant.

@Article{Rnews:Li+Rossini:2001,
   author       = {Michael Na Li and A.J. Rossini},
   title        = {{RPVM}: Cluster Statistical Computing in {R}},
   journal      = {R News},
   year         = 2001,
   volume       = 1,
   number       = 3,
   pages        = {4--7},
   month        = {September},
   url          = {http://CRAN.R-project.org/doc/Rnews/}
}

@Article{Rnews:Yu:2002,
   author       = {Hao Yu},
   title        = {Rmpi: Parallel Statistical Computing in R},
   journal      = {R News},
   year         = 2002,
   volume       = 2,
   number       = 2,
   pages        = {10--14},
   month        = {June},
   url          = {http://CRAN.R-project.org/doc/Rnews/}
}

@Article{Rnews:Carson+Murison+Mason:2003,
   author       = {Brett Carson and Robert Murison and Ian A. Mason},
   title        = {Computational Gains Using {RPVM} on a Beowulf Cluster},
   journal      = {R News},
   year         = 2003,
   volume       = 3,
   number       = 1,