[Rd] Ctrl-C with R.exe and Rterm.exe in R v1.9.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu May 6 18:01:09 CEST 2004

On Thu, 6 May 2004, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:

> [...]

No, as it was to do with a change in the MinGW runtime system and not in
R.

Expecting to be able to use ^C as a Windows signal in a shell that is
emulating Unix is I think unrealistic.  ^C in Rterm does work in tcsh.exe,
cmd.exe and various clones.

It is becoming a mantra, but

  *** Cygwin is not Windows ***

and R is a Windows and not Cygwin executable.  People who want a Cygwin
port of R perhaps should work on one ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk