[Rd] Fortran compiler dependency missing in gentoo ebuild script (PR#6862)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri May 7 16:49:58 CEST 2004

mc at austrian-mint.at writes:

> Full_Name: Markus Cozowicz
> Version: 1.9.0
> OS: Gentoo Linux
> Submission from: (NULL) (81.223.31.120)
>

> Fortran compiler dependency missing in gentoo ebuild script
>
> Workaround: emerge f2c

Er, in which sense is this an R bug? There is nothing we can do about
missing dependencies in packages for Linux distributions, and we're
not even likely to be informed when (if) the issue is resolved. You
need to tell Gentoo or whoever maintains the R package for it.

BTW, are you sure you wouldn't rather install g77 than f2c?