[Rd] bad interaction between RandomFields 1.1.11 and Sweave

Ben Bolker bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Tue May 11 22:25:39 CEST 2004

  Not really a bug (I eventually discovered), but ...
  When running GaussRF()/DoSimulateRF() with n>1, the default pch="!"
prints backspaces to the terminal, which causes problems (LaTeX barfs) if
you're running this within an Sweave() job.  Setting RFparameters(pch="")
fixes the problem.
   Could put this in the documentation, but I don't know where you could
put it that it would attract attention -- wouldn't have occurred to me to
look at RFparameters before poking through the code to see where the ^H
was coming from.

  I was going to suggest testing interactive() to see if the code was
running in batch mode or not, but I just tried that with Sweave() and it
thinks that interactive() is TRUE when running Sweave.  Oh well.
Any one else have a solution?

  Ben Bolker

620B Bartram Hall                            bolker at zoo.ufl.edu
Zoology Department, University of Florida    http://www.zoo.ufl.edu/bolker
Box 118525                                   (ph)  352-392-5697
Gainesville, FL 32611-8525                   (fax) 352-392-3704