[Rd] request: allow inline functions in R

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat May 15 00:57:42 CEST 2004

BTW, I've just checked a hunch. I did not believe R_IsNaNorNA is actually
used in base R on a system with IEEE arithmetic (and I removed it to test
that).  That suggests you have not actually tested inlining it and your
analysis is seriously flawed.

(Note to Deepayan: it is not a documented entry point, so please use
ISNAN as documented.)

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2004, Li Long wrote:
>
> > Hi, R core developers,

And BTW, R-devel is not the address of the core developers.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk