[Rd] R-2.0.0/lib/R/bin/INSTALL (PR#7329)

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Mon Nov 1 20:19:56 CET 2004

Martin MOKREJŠ wrote:

> Dear all,
> I tried to follow http://www.bioconductor.org/faq.html#getBioC to
> install it,
> and that's why I got to the problem.
>

> Using getBioC to obtain Bioconductor packages
>
>         1. From your R session, type:
>            source("http://www.bioconductor.org/getBioC.R")

[SNIP]

> Maybe, there are items 3-5 lost. The document doesnt even say how to
> close R.
> I doubt thise section is NOT for newbies, this describes how to get the
> things installed,
> right? ;-)
>
> So, typing "quit" at the ">" prompt doesn't help, btw. ^d is better, the
> only problem
> is I've no idea if I should say y or n tot he question if I want to save
> my temporary image ....
>

> To the INSTALL script actually I got via this problem:

[SNIP]

Two points:

a) Please read the manual "An Introduction to R", among many other
things, it tells you how to close R and how to answer the question
whether to save the workspace or not - it also tells you what the
workspace is.

b) Please ask questions related to the Bioconductor project on its own
mailing list. At the moment, package management of Bioconductor is a bit
different from R's "native" package management.

Uwe Ligges