[Rd] Windows XP crashed upon use of "em" function in library "mclust" (PR#7337)

bnewquist at constellagroup.com bnewquist at constellagroup.com
Wed Nov 3 16:16:50 CET 2004

Full_Name: Brian Newquist
Version: 2.0.0
OS: Windows XP
Submission from: (NULL) (63.165.234.2)

Whenever I run the following statement using package "mclust" Windows XP
crashes.

> result <- em("E", m1, c(25,50), 10, c(0.49,0.51))

m1 is just an ordinary data vector (i.e. m1 <- c(24, 27, 51, 48, ...))

A dialogue box appears saying "R for Windows GUI front-end has encountered a
problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."  This dialogue
box says Please tell Microsoft about this problem.  and asks if I would like to
send error report.

Is there a reason for this?  Is there another function I could use to implement
the EM algorithm?

Thanks.