[Rd] 2.0.1 countdown

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Thu Nov 4 00:24:03 CET 2004

We plan to a patch release on Nov.15 to fix up various problems that
cropped up after the release of R 2.0.0. Daily beta snapshots will be
made available until the day of release.

Please check if your favourite bugs have been fixed (but notice that
since we try hard to keep the patch versions stable, some items may
have to wait for the 2.1 release.)

Also, please help us with platform testing. The core team only has
access to a limited number of machines and our usage patterns tend to
differ from the ordinary. As a result, we often find issues reported
immediately after release, even on quite common platforms.