[Rd] creating a package without lazy loading

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at myway.com
Sun Nov 7 13:50:24 CET 2004

Uwe Ligges <ligges <at> statistik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

:
: Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
: >
: > When I do a
: >
: >   R CMD build --binary
: >
: > then I get the messages at the end of this post unless I specify
: >
: >   LazyLoad: no
: >
: > in the DESCRIPRION file.  If I do that then everything
: > proceeds smoothly.  R CMD check proceeds smoothly in
: > either case. Is there something I should be aware
: > of that is causing this message when I do not turn off
: > lazy loading?
: >
: > I am using Windows XP and R 2.0.1 beta dated 2004-11-04.
: >
: >
: > Error in tools:::.read_description(file) :
: >         file '/DESCRIPTION' does not exist
: > Execution halted
: > make: *** [lazyload] Error 1
: > *** Installation of zoo failed ***
: >
: > Removing 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/RW2001~1/library/zoo'
: > Restoring previous 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/RW2001~1/library/zoo'
:
: My guess is that you used backslashes to specify the path to the
: package, which seems to be handled incorretly. Try forward slashes instead!
:
: I'll try to debug and comment on the  results in yet another thread
: "Building a package under WIN2000 / rw2.0".
:
: Uwe Ligges

Thanks!!!  The backslashes were indeed the problem.