[Rd] inst/CITATION produced error during Rcmd check <package>

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Nov 11 17:46:11 CET 2004

That you are getting FIND not `find' suggests that you have not followed
the instructions in README.packages correctly.  Please ensure you have
followed

BEWARE: `Native' ports of make are _not_ suitable (including that at
the mingw site).  There were also problems with several earlier
versions of the cygwin tools and dll.  To avoid frustration, please
use our tool set, and make sure it is at the front of your path
(including before the Windows system directories).

and especially the last point.