[Rd] str() resets class for environments

Henrik Bengtsson hb at maths.lth.se
Wed Nov 24 07:36:05 CET 2004

Then I agree with you that it should not be made defunct; in general, if
there is a rational for using a feature in R and if someone relies on it,
then I believe one should be careful and consider alternatives before
removing it. I hope I did not break your code now by bringing it up to the R
core team.

I am curious though, do you not run into problems by setting and getting
attributes on environment in 'mvbutils'? The example of John Chambers I
re-posted, which shows that attributes can (will?) get "killed by operating
on the [environment] object "locally" in a function", suggests that you
will.

Cheers

Henrik