Update Ggobi and Rggobi in Debian (Was: [Rd] R-2.0.1 and Rggobi)

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Nov 26 06:26:51 CET 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 08:32:21AM -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 07:14:10AM +0100, A.J. Rossini wrote:
> > Brian is correct regarding the lists, but note that Rggobi 1.1 works
> > for me (Duncan T-L sent me the following link which worked for me on
> > an old R-H or SuSE system (sorry Dirk!  not had a chance to change it
> > yet...).
> >
> > " Try the tar file at
> >     http://www.ggobi.org/Download/Rggobi_1.1-0.tar.gz
> > "
>
> Very good, so my sometimes Quixotic attempts at getting more of DTL's code
> into Debian, Quantian, ... shall see another round of battling. News at 11.

New packages have just been upload into Debian's master archive. These are
Ggobi 1.0-1-beta (which I renamed 0.99.99 so that a future 1.0.0 sorts
higher for dpkg) and Rggobi 1.1-1.  Both needed some minor fudging as
documented in the changelogs included below.

Dirk

ggobi (0.99.99-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release
  * Upstream version 1.0-1-beta renamed 0.99.99 to permit a 1.0.0 package
  * Upstream configure files and built system are somewhat broken with
    respect to the plugin architecture -- we have been unable to build
    this for the last few beta releases. Consquently, plugins for
    - Postgres
    - Dataviewer
    - Fileselector
    - Ggvis
    have been disabled by brute force via a patch to configure.in.
  * Consequently, removed the enties for libmysqlclient-dev, python-dev,
    postgresql-dev from Build-Depends
  * debian/control: Standards-Version increased to 3.6.1.1

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Thu, 25 Nov 2004 21:27:38 -0600

rggobi (1.1.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * New upstream release

  * src/Makevars.in: As ggobi's ggobi-config would appears to be broken,
    we added explicit statements '-I/usr/lib/ggobi/include' to PKG_CPPFLAGS
    and '-L/usr/lib/ggobi/lib' to PKG_LIBS
  * R/GGobiHome.S: Dito, setting '/usr/lib/ggobi'

  * Built under R 2.0.*
  * debian/control: Updated Build-Depends: and Depends: accordingly
  * debian/post{inst,rm}: Only run build-help.pl if R is installed
  * debian/watch: Added watch file

 -- Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>  Thu, 25 Nov 2004 22:32:10 -0600

--
If your hair is standing up, then you are in extreme danger.
      -- http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfp/cockpit-phys/fp1ex3.htm