[Rd] RFC: Different handling of commands from clipboard in Windows Re: [R] how to pause between plots running scripts?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Nov 30 16:24:34 CET 2004

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 10:25:24 -0500, Duncan Murdoch
<murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> wrote :

>Another that deals only with the original graphics problem is to have
>par(ask=T) wait for input to the graphics window, rather than to the
>console.  This has the advantage that the graphics window probably has
>the focus, so a simple Enter there could satisfy it.

I've now put this in place in R-devel, for the windows() device only.
It would be a little cleaner if every device had this capability, but
I'm not sure how much code it would break to add a new function to the
graphics device structure, and I haven't done that.

With the new version, things like "demo(plotmath)" look a lot nicer.
I haven't done a huge amount of testing yet, so there may be examples
where this doesn't work so nicely.

A new binary build should be on CRAN and the mirrors by tomorrow.

Duncan Murdoch