[Rd] compilation problem R2.0.0 Linux SuSE8.2 (PR#7263)

Patrick Drechsler patrick.drechsler at gmx.net
Tue Oct 5 21:25:01 CEST 2004

Thanks fofr the quick reply!

Brian Ripley wrote on 05 Oct 2004 20:03:12 MET:

> Why do you think this is a bug in R?

Sorry, it was not my intention to imply this was a bug. I just
figured that people reading the bug list might be able to help
me. I didn't figure this would be a problem for the general r
list so I posted here. Developers of other programming
environments prefer that these kind of problems be sent in as
"bugs" even if they are not bugs in the correct usage of the
word.

> Have you read what the FAQ says about BUGS?

Yes. Otherwise I wouldn't have found the address in the first
place ;-)

> R 2.0.0 has been under alpha/beta test for a month and has been
> tested on scores of Linux boxes.  It looks like a problem with
> your Linux installation to me, specifically with your tcltk
> installation in the first instance.

Could you advice a correct mailing list/newsgroup/link for my
specific problem?

I don't have any experience in tcltk. Other than it doing its job
up to now...

TIA

Patrick
--
For animals, the entire universe has been neatly divided into things
to (a) mate with, (b) eat, (c) run away from, and (d) rocks.