[Rd] promptData still creates 'data(...)' in R 2.0.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 19:47:14 CEST 2004

This is deliberate.

Datasets can only be used directly for packages to be installed with
`LazyData: Yes', and that is not known when prompt() is called.

Allowing direct use of datasets is a convenience that the avantgarde
packages have adopted, but there can be good reasons not to go in the
direction for individual packages (name clashes being one).

Some people have kept data(foo) in their documentation to allow their
package to be still used with R 1.9.x (or even earlier).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk