[Rd] R/BioConductor error (PR#7282)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 12 21:18:53 CEST 2004

1) See the R FAQ.  R-bugs is not for questions.  PLEASE don't abuse our
system like this.

2) R-bugs is not for reports on Bioconductor.

3) The error message you got is mentioned in the top section of the NEWS
file for R 2.0.0, namely

    o	Packages must have been re-installed for this version, and
	library() will enforce this.

4) www.bioconductor.org says that the version (1.5) for R 2.0.0 will be
available on October 25th.  It could be more explicit about this!
Meanwhile its standard source repository is unavailable, but it looks like
they need to do some work for users of `OS2000'.

If you want BioC now, read its FAQ and install the version of R it tells
you to (rw1090, for some reason, but I believe rw1091 would be a better
choice).

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 hdeshmuk at gmu.edu wrote:

> Full_Name: H Deshmukh
> Version: 2.0