[Rd] Lazy loading - importance of NAMESPACE

Philippe Grosjean phgrosjean at sciviews.org
Sun Oct 17 19:32:10 CEST 2004

This is because I changed nothing in DESCRIPTION between the two, in my
case. But you are right, I don't have your experience, and I barely
understand the new loading mechanism... thus the reason of several messages
I send to r-help, recently.

I attributed this to lazy loading because it is the major change from R
1.9.1 to R 2.0.0... But again, you are right that other changes were
introduced.

It remains that, without namespace, my package loaded about 30 times slower
than with it. It would be interesting to know why, don't you think so?

Best,

Philippe Grosjean