[Rd] documentation for rank() (PR#7298)

dgrove at fhcrc.org dgrove at fhcrc.org
Thu Oct 21 01:39:11 CEST 2004

Full_Name: Doug Grove
Version: R.1.9.1
OS: Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (140.107.156.61)

I just found that rank() has a 'decreasing' argument that is not documented in
its
help page.  I checked my version of 2.0.0 (original release hence unpatched)
and
it is not documented there.  For curiousity I also went back to version 1.8.1
and
checked the function (not the documentation)and at that point rank() had not
yet
acquired the 'decreasing' argument.

It's ironic as I was wishing that rank() had a decreasing option like
sort does, and then I found that it already does.

Thanks,
Doug