[Rd] make check failure

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Sep 1 00:00:38 CEST 2004

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, gb wrote:

> I have built today's R-devel without problem on a fresh installation of

I don't know what that is, but I am not seeing a failure and I have done
about 20 builds on different platforms today from the then current
svn checkouts.

Could you please run this example again, debug it, and report the cause of
the problem on your setup. BTW, it is quite slow.

Oh, and a thought: you do have the current recommended packages in your
sources?

> debian testing. However, 'make check' fails. In
> 'tests/Examples/tools-Ex.Rout.fail':
>
> > ### * vignetteDepends
> >
> > flush(stderr()); flush(stdout())
> >
> > ### Name: vignetteDepends
> > ### Title: Retrieve Dependency Information for a Vignette
> > ### Aliases: vignetteDepends
> >
> > ### ** Examples
> >
> > gridEx <- system.file("doc", "grid.Snw", package = "grid")
> > vignetteDepends(gridEx)
> Error in if ((!is.null(depMtrx)) && (nrow(depMtrx) > 0)) { :
>         missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed
> Execution halted
> Since my debian installation may be incomplete, I checked out R-1.9.1, but
> there 'make check' ran without errors.

vignetteDepends was unchecked in 1.9.1 ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk