[Rd] sunspot data in R 2.0.0

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan at stat.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 1 17:18:27 CEST 2004

I noticed this in the NEWS:

     o   Datasets 'sunspot.month' and 'sunspot.year' are available
         separately but not via data(sunspot) (which is used by package
         lattice to retrieve a dataset 'sunspot').

Now, the 'sunspot' dataset included in lattice was actually a mistake, I
realized later that I instead wanted the 'sunspots' data from base,
which is currently used in example(xyplot). (Even more recently, I
realized that I actually want sunspot.year.)

Would it make any difference if I removed the 'sunspot' data from
lattice? I don't think anyone is going to miss it.

Deepayan