[Rd] Re: [R] R-2.0.0 CMD check . and datasets

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 12:34:05 CEST 2004

This is question about the the development version of R and should have
gone to the R-devel list according to the posting guide.

  R-devel is intended for questions and discussion about code development
  in R. Questions likely to prompt discussion unintelligible to non-programmers
  should go to to R-devel.

Did you read the NEWS for that version, and did you look at the notes on
developer.r-project.org for 2.0.0 (as posted to the R-devel list
recently)?  If not, please do so now.

Please, as the FAQ asks, don't give us an incorrect explanation but facts.
Your problem *appears* to be that you have ignored the following statement
in `Writing R Extensions':

  Note that R code should be "self-sufficient" and not make use of extra
  functionality provided by the package, so that the data file can also be
  used without having to load the package.

and as the notes for 2.0.0 say, this is now enforced.  As you have
quibbled once before, let me stress this a pre-existing error that is now
detected.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk