[Rd] R-2.0.0 Install problem for pkg bundle w inter-dependent namespaces

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Mon Sep 20 21:10:32 CEST 2004

OK, that's the simple thing that I had been overlooking. Changing the the
Contains line to provide the packages in the order that they should be
installed fixed the problem.

May I suggest that the significance of the ordering in the Contains: field
be added to the (extremely brief) description of in "Writing R Extensions"?

Perhaps change the text to:

	The 'Contains' field lists the packages, which should be contained
	in separate subdirectories with the names given.   During buiding
	and installation, packages will be installed in the order specified.
	Be sure to order this list so that dependencies are appropriately
met.

	The packages contained in a bundle are standard packages in all
	respects except that the 'DESCRIPTION' file is replaced by a
'DESCRIPTION.in'
	file which just contains fields additional to the 'DESCRIPTION' file

	of the bundle, for example

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}