[Rd] "Namespace dependencies not required" message

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes at groton.pfizer.com
Mon Sep 20 22:05:52 CEST 2004

I'm still working to add namespace support to some of my packages. I've
removed the 'Depends'  line from the DESCRIPTION file, and created an
appropriate NAMESPACE files.

Strangely, whenever I use 'importFrom(package, function)'  R CMD check
generates "Namespace dependencies not required" warnings .  Without the
import statements, the warning does not occur, but the code tests fail with
the expected object not found errors.

This occurs with both R 1.9.1 and R 2.0.0.

So, should are these errors just bogus and I just ignore these errors, or is
there something I've done wrong with the NAMESPACE or elsewhere?

-Greg

Gregory R. Warnes
Manager, Non-Clinical Statistics
Pfizer Global Research and Development

LEGAL NOTICE\ Unless expressly stated otherwise, this messag...{{dropped}}