[Rd] Alpha releases from Copenhagen not mirrored?

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Apr 3 22:42:03 CEST 2005

Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org> writes:

> On 3 April 2005 at 15:18, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> |
> | Looking at http://cran.r-project.org/src/base-prerelease shows that the
> | latest alpha tarball is dated April 1. That page reveals its source via the
> | various ?D=A etc sorting links, and looking at Peter's page at
> | www.biostat.ku.dk, I do indeed see April 2 and 3 releases in Denmark.  Has
> | anything dropped in Vienna?
>
> I guess I could have checked before posting, but it looks like the error is
> in .dk rather than in .at:
>
> edd at chibud:~/src/debian/R> wget http://www.biostat.ku.dk/~pd/R-pre/R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz
> --15:22:19--  http://www.biostat.ku.dk/%7Epd/R-pre/R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz
>            => `R-alpha_2005-04-03.tar.gz'
> Resolving www.biostat.ku.dk... 192.38.18.114
> Connecting to www.biostat.ku.dk[192.38.18.114]:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
> 15:22:20 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Odd... There have been various issues causing the tarball build to
fail occasionally. The Subversion database go itself wedged Saturday,
which is the usual mod of failure, but this morning it was a collision
with a temp dir in /tmp. When it happens, I run the build script by
hand, but obviously not at 5am, so the CRAN mirroring might not pick it
up.

However, permissions are also different between cron-built tarballs
and the manual ones. Looks like someone changed my umask to 0027 in a
shell startup file...