[Rd] Calling an MPI-based C program in R

Romain Neugebauer romain at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 5 01:34:14 CEST 2005

Hello,

I currently work on the development of an R package where most of the
algorithm is implemented in C.
I would like to use MPI to improve the speed of the C routines when used
in a distributed computing environment. I am very new to MPI.

>From what I found in the R archive and online, I came to the conclusion
that packages like Rmpi provide an interface to MPI so that R users can
use capabilities of distributed computing at the R level.
However, I would like to use the capabilities of MPI at the C level and
use R as the interface to the C routine.

Could anyone tell me if it is possible in the latest version of R to
call a C program which itself relies on calls to the MPI library? If it
is, could you please refer me to some documentation?

Thank you.

Romain

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]