[Rd] HP-UX and IRIX recent builds? Any other rare platforms?

Rich FitzJohn rich.fitzjohn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:07:42 CEST 2005

Hi,

Not that rare presumably, but I've just got R up and running on NetBSD
2.0/i386, using gcc 3.3.3, straight from the packages collection (this
does apply a few patches to the configure script, and I have not
examined what they are).

make check does fail, however, as it cannot load package tcktk.  There
is a core dump, but I have no idea how to extract anything useful from
that (and presumably need to recompile R with debugging information
turned on).  As I don't use this package, it doesn't bother me, but
I'm happy to do any investigating.  (Since it seems relevant, I have
tcl 8.4.9).

I'll probably have a shot at NetBSD/alpha once R-2.1.0 is released.

Cheers,
Rich

On Apr 6, 2005 8:07 PM, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am revising the section in R-admin on platforms.  When I asked about
> locales earlier this year I got no reply about HP-UX and IRIX, so I will
> presume that no one has built R on those OSes recently.  If you have,
> please send me the OS number and the flags you used.
>
> Platforms where I have seen recent reports:
>
> Linux
> MacOS X
> Solaris 8, 9, 10   (any Solaris 7 users please let me know)
> AIX 5.1 and 5.2
> FreeBSD
>
> and less recently, OSF/1.
>
> --

Rich FitzJohn
rich.fitzjohn <at> gmail.com   |    http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/richa183
                      You are in a maze of twisty little functions, all alike