[Rd] orphaning CRAN packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Apr 9 16:43:37 CEST 2005

On 9 April 2005 at 16:23, Martin Maechler wrote:
| Since R 2.1.0 is now in beta testing, we consider it very
| stable, and having less bugs than any other version of R, so
| please ("everyone!") follow Uwe's advice and install R 2.1.0"beta"

FYI, for those using Debian, packages can be had from the so-called
'experimental' archive (i.e. needs a sources.list entry for experiremental),
or directly from the pool directory
	http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/r-base/

This provides the April 3 snapshot still tagged 'alpha'; I'll probably add a
beta release tonight or tomorrow and insert that into Debian's unstable
archive.

Dirk

--
Better to have an approximate answer to the right question than a precise
answer to the wrong question.  --  John Tukey as quoted by John Chambers