[Rd] inconsistent fonts generated in postscript file (PR#7795)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 15 08:43:25 CEST 2005

Please DO READ the documentation.

Rdevga applies to *windows* devices: see its help page.
On Windows, saving to JPEG or PNG is using a windows device.

The way fonts are chosen in postscript() is described on its help page. It
is *definitely* using not Arial but Helvetica, even though your viewer
might do a substitution.

There is a section in the FAQ on BUGS.  Had you read it, you could have
avoided wasting our time.  Or even if you had read ?postscript.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk