[Rd] Re: [R] pl/R and MacOS X using R binary

Joe Conway mail at joeconway.com
Tue Apr 19 16:40:21 CEST 2005

Sean Davis wrote:

> On Apr 19, 2005, at 8:56 AM, Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
>> Please do consult the posting guide as to the right place.  (I've
>> moved this to R-devel and included Joe Conway. Joe: perhaps you could
>> make you email address more readily available in the PL/R pages.)

Yes, I'll do that. Sorry for the confusion.

> Actually, Joe has been quite helpful in this regard and the question has
> come up on his pl/R email list before, but without resolution, as far as
> I could tell (but again, I could be sadly mistaken).  I thought that
> posting to r-help (with the caveat that I was perhaps off-topic) would
> clarify things for me a bit.  It has done just that and I really
> appreciate your willingness to answer the off-topic post and move it to
> the appropriate forum.

The Makefile for PL/R actually does attempt to use the dylib, and at one
point (at least) worked according to a report that I received. There
have been a couple of reported issues with MacOS X since then though.
Part of my problem in resolving this has been lack of an OS X machine
that I can debug on.

Joe

p.s. I apologize in advance for slow responses -- I just arrived 9
timezones away from home at the start of a 2 week business trip.