[Rd] building recommended packages on Windows

Hiroyuki Kawakatsu hkawakat at qub.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 16:59:34 CEST 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Uwe Ligges wrote:

> Maybe you forgot to unpack with the correct tools?
>    tar xfz R-2.1.0.tar.gz
> should do the trick using tar from the tools provided un Duncan
> Murdoch's page, but many other (un)compress tools under Windows cannot
> deal with the links (e.g. boot.tgz) provided in the Recommended
> packages' subdirectory.

Arggggg. Uwe is of course right. Looking at the Recommended packages
directory, I did notice that some of the links had different icons from
the other link files. I must have unpacked it with cygwin, not with
Duncan's tools as instructed in R-admin. After redoing the unpacking,
everything went fine. Many thanks for spotting my stupidity,

h.
Hiroyuki Kawakatsu
School of Management and Economics
25 University Square