[Rd] R-2.1.0 compilation with Intel icc and ifort

Christophe Pouzat christophe.pouzat at univ-paris5.fr
Tue Apr 19 19:58:26 CEST 2005

Guys,

I'm using a Linux PC (Pentium IV, Mandrake 10.1) and I've just tried to
compile the new R-2.1.0 release with both gcc/g77 (3.4.1) and icc/ifort
(8.1).
Of course everything went fine with the GNU compilers.
After checking the archives of the mailing list I tried compiling with
the Intel compilers using the following options:

CFLAGS = '-O2 -mp -prec_div'
CXXFLAGS = '-O2 -mp -prec_div'
FFLAGS = '-C90 -w90 -w95 -mp -prec_div'
CPIPCFLAGS = -shared
CXXPIPCFLAGS = -shared
FPIPCFLAGS = -shared
SHLIB_LDFLAGS = -shared
SHLIB_CXXLDFLAGS = -shared
--with-blas = '-lmkl -lguide -lpthread'

The compilation went fine (just a few warnings). There was apparently a
single problem when I ran "make check". It was in:

d-p-q-r-tests.R

at line 469:

All.eq(dpois(  10, 2e-308, log=TRUE), -7100.13502718914)

which returned -Inf with the Intel compiled version.

I don't think it's a big deal but I'd like to know if you have ideas
and/or suggestions.

Thanks,

Christophe.

--
A Master Carpenter has many tools and is expert with most of them.If you
only know how to use a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail.

Christophe Pouzat
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cerebrale
CNRS UMR 8118
UFR biomedicale de l'Universite Paris V