[Rd] Embedded R and x11

Thomas Friedrichsmeier thomas.friedrichsmeier at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 20 18:34:33 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a frontend for R. I have R running in a separate thread in my
application using Rf_initEmbeddedR, and I'm using R_tryEval to run commands
in R (i.e. I don't run the mainloop).
Everything works fine, except the x11-device: I can open x11-windows and paint
to them alright from R. However, the x11-window does not respond to any
events. E.g. clicking the close-button simply does not close the window and
the contents in the window do not get refreshed when it was hidden by other
windows.
I figured that the reason for this might be, that R_ProcessEvents () and
handleEvent () in devX11.c do not get called (of course I might be completely
wrong?). So I tried calling R_ProcessEvents () manually, but I can't get that
to link (unresolved symbol R_ProcessEvents).
Any hints on how I can get this to work?

Thanks
Thomas