[Rd] Bug in Version 2010 (PR#7807)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Apr 22 17:28:30 CEST 2005

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de wrote:

> Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>

>>mbreuer at ecology.uni-kiel.de wrote:
>>

>>>Dr. Michael
>>>Breuer
>>>22.04.05
>>>Ökologiezentrum der Universität Kiel
>>>Olshausenstraße 75
>>>24118 Kiel
>>>
>>>Dear Ladies and Sirs,
>>>After updating the R-Windows-program (binary) by the latest version
>>>(2010), the R-Scripts that I want to execute are not shown in the
>>>File-Window anymore. In the former version it worked correct.
>>>However, if I call a script by command line, it will be found and
>>>intepreted. I tried it on two PCs wirh Windows XP Home and Windows XP
>>>Professional SP2.
>>

>>This is not enough information to allow us to try to duplicate your
>>error.  Tell us where you keep your scripts, how you start R (the
>>starting directory is likely important), and the exact steps you take to
>>try to show your scripts.  Without that information your report is too
>>vague to act on.
>>
>>Duncan Murdoch
>

> Looks like it happens with the german (and maybe also other?)
> translation. I'll take a closer look later.
>
> Uwe Ligges

Indeed, if you set LANGUAGE=de using the RGui-de.po as shipped with
R-2.1.0, you won't see any files in that dialog. If you copy the english
version to the translation, you see ALL files (not only R files as
expected), and if you leave the translation blank (i.e. the english
version will be displayed), you get the expected behaviour.

I guess lines such as

     setuserfilter(G_("R files (*.R)\0*.R\0S files (*.q)\0*.q\0All files

in rui.c are casuing the trouble. "S files (*.q)" never appears in the
*.po(t) file, so it's probably a gettext related problem, but I really
don't know how to fix this ...

Uwe Ligges