[Rd] associating R with .R and .RData files (PR#7818)

Seyed Reza Jafarzadeh srjafarzadeh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 07:37:30 CEST 2005

Nisha,

If you run R under Windows (XP), right-click on a .R or .Rdata file
and select "Open With" > "Choose Program..." > "R for Windows GUI
front-end" from the programs list. Do not forget to select the option
"Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" before
clicking on OK. If the "R for Windows GUI front-end" is not on the
programs list, browse your computer (the directory in which you
installed R) by clicking on "Browse..." (it must be in "Program Files"
> "R" > "rw2???" > "bin" > "Rgui").

I hope this helps.
Reza