[Rd] Ctrl-c crashes R when run as sudo (PR#7819)

MSchwartz at MedAnalytics.com MSchwartz at MedAnalytics.com
Tue Apr 26 17:34:24 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 16:47 +0200, Manuel.A.Morales at williams.edu wrote:
> I tried to submit this in R, but not sure if it worked.
>
> When running R as sudo, using ctrl-c dumps me to the command line.
> Hitting exit to exit the terminal window results in R taking 100% of
> resources.
>
> I am using R-2.1.0 on Fedora Core 3.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Manuel

I suspect that we are going to need more information.

Running on a fully updated FC3 box using Xfce's Terminal, gnome-terminal
and kconsole, I cannot duplicate this issue either as a user or as root
using sudo.

Attach the output of:

> R.version

Was there a program running in R at the time, or were you at the R
prompt when you hit ctrl-c?

Which desktop environment and terminal emulator are you using?

Have you perhaps re-mapped ctrl-c using modified keybindings?

Marc