[Rd] Ctrl-c crashes R when run as sudo (PR#7819)

MSchwartz at MedAnalytics.com MSchwartz at MedAnalytics.com
Tue Apr 26 20:18:35 CEST 2005

On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 19:59 +0200, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> MSchwartz at medanalytics.com writes:
>
> > > Thanks you, however Marc omitted to mention that you need to type
> > > signal SIGINT
> > > before running the backtrace (bt), because gdb will catch the INT
> > > signal thus not leading to the desired crash and the backtrace just
> > > shows when you hit Ctrl-C, not what happens after. Only after the
> > > signal SIGINT you should get the crash (if at all).
> > Manuel, I should have asked earlier, but I presume that you installed
> > from source as I don't see RPMs for 2.1.0 yet?
> >
> > Marc
>
> The effect seem to have been neatly backported to 2.0.1 though...
>
> Gdb doesn't seem to help. If you run a ps while "sudo R" is running,
> you'll see something like this:
>
> root     30416  0.0  0.1  2356  252 pts/5    S+   19:48   0:00 sesh /usr/bin/R
> root     30417 10.0  7.2 18016 13860 pts/5   S+   19:48   0:01 /usr/lib/R/bin/exec/R
>
> What I suspect is happening is that the ^C kills the sesh process, but
> that in turn does not manage to kill R.

So is this perhaps an SELinux issue? I don't get sesh running when I use
sudo R.

That would perhaps explain why I am not seeing it. Given the almost
daily changes in SELinux policies, I have foregone using it for the time
being. I was having all kinds of 'avc' related errors, so I gave up
until things stabilize more.

Marc