[Rd] Any plans for commenting out region via something like " /* */ "?

Roger D. Peng rpeng at jhsph.edu
Tue Apr 26 23:22:42 CEST 2005

I realize this thread is a bit old, but it only just came to my
mind.  What about using a function like

commentOut <- function(expr) { invisible() }

and then

commentOut({
	a <- 10
	bladfkljasdlkfj()
	blah blah blah
})

Lazy evaluation prevents the expression from being evaluated so
you don't have to worry about syntatic correctness.  And it nests
too (I believe).

Belated US$0.02.

-roger

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> Greetings from Switzerland!
>
> Are there any plans/initiatives/considerations in future versions of R
> for commenting out regions via something like " /*    */  "?
>
> (I've got an application for which something like that would be
> useful; if not, there are less simple solutions).
>
> best,
> -tony
>
> "Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
> roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).
>
> A.J. Rossini
> blindglobe at gmail.com

Roger D. Peng