[Rd] RE: [R] Advice for calling a C function

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Thu Apr 28 00:29:26 CEST 2005

You have the dimensions switched, in

 double x [*MATDESC][*OBJ];

so when the dimensions aren't equal you do get odd things.

You might be better off defining functions to index into mat with a pair of
subscripts directly (.C() copies the argument anyway). Come to think of it,
there might be macros/functions for this in Rinternals.h.  Then you don't
need to worry about row-major vs column-major order and related issues.

Finally, as this is a C programming question, it should go to R-devel.

Reid Huntsinger