[Rd] Enhanced version of plot.lm()

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Thu Apr 28 14:39:04 CEST 2005

Dear John et al.,

Curiously, Georges Monette (at York University in Toronto) and I were just
talking last week about influence-statistic contours, and I wrote a couple
of functions to show these for Cook's D and for covratio as functions of
hat-values and studentized residuals. These differ a bit from the ones
previously discussed here in that they show rule-of-thumb cut-offs for D and
covratio, along with Bonferroni critical values for studentized residuals.

I've attached a file with these functions, even though they're not that
polished.

More generally, I wonder whether it's not best to supply plots like these as
separate functions rather than as a do-it-all plot method for lm objects.

Regards,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology