[Rd] I'm unable to download R from any of the CRAN mirrors. Any sugge (PR#7823)

Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at Friedrich.Leisch at tuwien.ac.at
Fri Apr 29 17:44:10 CEST 2005

  > This is not a bug in R. Please do not misuse the bug repository.

  > The central CRAN site in Vienna was offline for some hours tonight.
  > This may have disrupted mirroring, but things look like they are back
  > to normal.

Actually if our server is down that shouldn't affect mirroring too
much (most mirroring software is smart enough not to delete everything
is the master site is unreacheable), but URLs of form

	cran.XX.r-project.org

may not work because most of them do not have a DNS entry but are
apache redirections by our server. In that case simply use a CRAN
mirror with a non r-project.org address, a current list can be
obtained by running

 read.csv(file.path(R.home(), "doc", "CRAN_mirrors.csv", as.is=TRUE))[,"URL"]

in a recent version of R ... I'll encapsulate that into a
one-liner CRAN_mirrors().

                        Friedrich Leisch
Institut für Statistik                     Tel: (+43 1) 58801 10715
Technische Universität Wien                Fax: (+43 1) 58801 10798
Wiedner Hauptstraße 8-10/1071
A-1040 Wien, Austria             http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch