[Rd] include C functions from nmath in my own C functions

yyan liu zhliur at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:52:13 CEST 2005

 Hi:
  I followed the README in src/nmath/standalone/
 to make the use the command "make shared" to make the
 libRmath.so file. I also add the directories containg
 libRmath.so to  LD_LIBRARY_PATH by using command
 "export
D_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$/home/zhliu/Backup/R-2.0.1/src/nmath/standalon
 "
 However, when I try to run the following codes by the
command "gcc test.c -lRmath" on Linux Fedora Core 2,
 /***********************************************/
/* file name test.c */
 #define MATHLIB_STANDALONE 1
 #include <Rmath.h>

 int
 main()
 {
 /* something to force the library to be included */
    qnorm(0.7, 0.0, 1.0, 0, 0);
    return 0;
 }
 /**************************************************/

 the compiler gives me the following error message. It
seems definitions of some R functions can not be found
in the libRmath.so file. Anyone has any idea about
this
problem? Thank you very much!

 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `expm1'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `log'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `sqrt'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `rint'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `cos'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `sin'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `pow'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `sinh'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `log10'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `exp'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `tan'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `log1p'
 /usr/local/lib/libRmath.so: undefined reference to
 `hypot'
 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status