[Rd] doesn't recognise ~ (PR#8096)

ligges@statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Thu Aug 25 18:04:02 CEST 2005

lvr at curame.com wrote:

> Full_Name: Leo van Romunde
> Version: 2, 1, 0
> OS: Win XP prof. sp1
> Submission from: (NULL) (81.58.34.90)
>

> When we type the following R gives an error:
>

>>a = c(1, 2)
>>b = c(1, 2)
>>boxplot (a ~ b)
>
> Error in list(a, b) : invalid 'envir' argument
>
> When we do exactly the same on another machine (Win2000) it works correctly.
> Any suggestions?

Yes:
a) Do not file a bug report if there is no evidence for a bug (you say
yourself it works on another machine).
b) Do upgrade  before posting a bug (at least you .0 version of R, and
in a next step (here not so important) your Windows).
c) Try to start a clean version of R:
I mean without loading some strange objects in your workspace or some
packages that might break some important R properties.

Uwe Ligges