[Rd] Blocking problem with embeded R (windows)

Simon Knapp sleepingwell at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 12:39:40 CET 2005

Thanks for that rapid reply!

In the fourth approach, I have compiled the functions R_proxy_init(),
R_proxy_evaluate_noreturn(), R_proxy_term() and the callback functions
defined in Baiers code directly into my application (I got them from the R
source distribution and commented out the other functions). Rproxy.dll is
not on my path.

When I look through the R_proxy_init() it does the same things that are done
in the rtest example (as far as I can tell). Hence, I thought that I was
calling R itself when initialising the dll.

I am using Baiers function R_proxy_evaluate_noreturn() because it seemed
wiser to use code that was written by someone who knows what they are doing
than roll my own! I don't understand enough about R IO functions to feel
comfortable using them and am having trouble finding doco on them. I'm
slowly learning about them, and the rest of R, by reading the code. Is there
any doco on around on these and the R source in general?

Thanks again for the rapid reply
Simon Knapp