[Rd] R-beta: configure problem (tcltk) on 64 bit Red Hat EL

Bjørn-Helge Mevik bhs2 at mevik.net
Wed Dec 14 21:05:56 CET 2005

Martyn Plummer wrote:

> It looks like you have the i386 RPMs for tcl and tk installed.

You are right.  I have both the i386 and x86_64 RPMs installed.

> ./configure --with-tcl-config=/usr/lib64/tclConfig.sh \
>             --with-tk-config=/usr/lib64/tkConfig.sh

Thank you!  This works like a charm.

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> It is a problem with your particular OS,

You are right.  As Martyn suggested, configure picked up
/usr/lib/{tcl,tk}Config.sh instead of /usr/lib64/{tcl,tk}Config.sh
because I have both i386 and x86_64 versions of the RPMs installed.

> Unfortunately you have removed the crucial parts of where your
> configure got the configuration info from.

Typically me! :-)

Thanks, both of you!

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik