[Rd] Bug in acepack (PR#2352)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Dec 17 08:51:10 CET 2005

library(help=acepack) says

Maintainer:    Thomas Lumley <tlumley at u.washington.edu>

and I doubt if sending Rob Tibshirani mail to an address he left a decade
ago for a package he does not maintain is going to help resolve the bug.

The issue is not knowing what the bug is, but getting the maintainer to
fix it.  If you send him a tested patch it might help.

[Incidentally, if you read the FAQ you will see that reports on
contributed packages should not be sent to R-bugs except by the
maintainer, and only the maintainer `should' be issuing instructions to
close a report.  It is in the section for 'Addon packages', that is not a
bug in R.]