[Rd] 'last.warning' problem at startup; package Matrix (PR#8453)

winjohn@webone.com.au winjohn at webone.com.au
Thu Dec 29 23:59:57 CET 2005

On starting an R session, I get the messages:

  Fatal errir: unable to restore save data in .RData

  Error in fun(...): couldn't find function "assignInNamespace"

  Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'Matrix'

The only object in my .RData is last.warning, thus:

  > last.warning
  $"optim or nlminb returned message false convergence (8)"
  "LMEoptimize<-"(`*tmp*`, value = list(maxIter = 200, tolerance =
1.49011611938477e-08,
      msMaxIter = 200, msVerbose = 0, niterEM = 15, EMverbose = FALSE,
      PQLmaxIt = 30, analyticGradient = TRUE, analyticHessian = FALSE))

This was generated by a call, in a previous session,to lmer()
There may be a problem with the package Matrix, but it seems a bit
extreme that this prevents restoration of the session.

John Maindonald
john.maindonald at anu.edu.au

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status =
 major = 2
 minor = 2.1
 year = 2005
 month = 12
 day = 20
 svn rev = 36812
 language = R

Windows XP Home Edition (build 2600) Service Pack 2.0

Locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:stats, package:graphics,
package:grDevices, package:utils, package:datasets, Autoloads, package:base