[Rd] xy.coords

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 18:21:17 CET 2005

I think the point is that (1) it does not work as documented and (2) in
most functions one can omit unnecessary args without having
to specify NULL so its behvaior seems inconsistent from a design
viewpoint.  By allowing either missing or NULL it will work as documented,
and probably intended, yet continue to be backward compatible with
existing usages.