[Rd] xy.coords

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Dec 31 19:26:35 CET 2005

On 12/31/2005 12:57 PM, Gabor Grothendieck wrote:
> It does not achieve design consistency.

It's consistent with the way it has been for at least 7 years, and is
consistent with xyz.coords().

One would have to
> specify NULL but that should not really be necessary.

In fact, one almost never needs to specify NULL there.  It's the default
value for y in the high level functions that call xy.coords, so it is
put there automatically.

Duncan Murdoch