[Rd] getAnywhere and functions starting with "." (PR#7684)

Mark.Bravington at csiro.au Mark.Bravington at csiro.au
Sat Feb 12 03:11:14 CET 2005

>> [MVB] 'getAnywhere' crashes when its argument starts with a period:

> [UL] Has already been fixed, as you can easily see, e.g., from
R-devels NEWS file, section BUG FIXES:

Good, thanks.

It seems quite common for bugs to be reported after they have been fixed
in R-devel. This is likely to occur when-- as in the 'getAnywhere'
case-- there's no record of the bug in Bug Tracking (I do check before
submitting).

Checking R-devel news can be cumbersome-- I couldn't reach the ftp site
yesterday, for example, and it's not always feasible to download 12MB--
and many users won't be set up to handle it.

To avoid wasting R-core's time over repeat posts, is there some mileage
in R-core adding "fixed in Rdevel" bug reports into the Bug Tracking
system, even if there is no prior bug report?

Mark

Mark Bravington
CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Marine Laboratory
Castray Esplanade
Hobart 7001
TAS